The President of the Joint Meetings Industry Council, which presents The Iceberg, has addressed on video the disruption of meetings, events and exhibitions worldwide caused by the COVID-19 crisis.
Kai Hattendorf called upon all industry members to actively support measures to help restore and build confidence in event participation including:
- Making sure policies and procedures that help secure the health and safety of participants are in place and up to date.
- Maintaining awareness of local and global actions and restrictions to advise on factors that may affect upcoming events.
- Cooperating with local and national authorities to implement measures that have been determined to impact event attendees.
- Consulting with event organisers and related service providers to explore ways in which programme adjustments that need to be made can be accommodated.
- Continuing to support awareness of the essential roles of meetings, conventions, exhibitions and business events as drivers of recovery and catalysts for global economic and societal development.
Joint Meetings Industry Council President Kai Hattendorf.
COVID-19 Coronavirus (JMIC resources page)