Search The Iceberg

Search & Filter

  • Sort By

  • Category

  • Host Destination

  • Sector

Found 34 Results

Viewing all Results

Strong Start to 2018 for ExCeL

ExCeL London has seen a strong start to 2018 with a host of new events relocating to the venue. On the conference side, ExCeL will welcome the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery and the International Association for Dental Research this year, as well as the return of Diabetes UK. In 2019 Sibos is coming. From…

Read More

QEII Centre Can Still be Saved, Says BVEP

The Business Visits and Events Partnership has welcomed a decision to review the impact on the QEII Centre of a vote by the House of Lords to leave the Palace of Westminster during a six year renovation. Many Lords expressed concern over central London’s largest conference venue being temporarily chosen to host the upper chamber. From…

Read More

Firms Disregard Sexism Warning at Gambling Event

Before opening, the ICE Totally Gaming event at London’s ExCeL was warned by the Gambling Commission that it faced a boycott if it did not stamp out sexism. The message fell on deaf ears, as Microgaming kicked off proceedings with a Playboy-themed show, while Endorphina had pole dancers on its stand. From…

Read More

Clarion Events & Global Sources: Another Mega-Merger

One of the world’s leading independent events organisers, London based Clarion Events, has completed a merger with exhibition and online B2B marketplace operator Global Sources, based in Hong Kong. Both are owned by investment firm Blackstone, which will control the combined group. The merger creates one of the world’s largest privately-owned exhibition businesses. From CIM News Magazine…

Read More

MPs “Have Not Recognised” QEII Centre Contribution

MPs have not considered the loss of income to London of the QEII Centre being out of action for six years. That’s according to the chair of the Events Industry Board Nick de Bois. MPs have just voted for a refurbishment that could see the House of Lords occupy the venue from 2025. From…

Read More

QEII Centre Under Threat for £3.5bn Parliament Refit

The QEII Centre could be out of action for at least six years after MPs voted for Parliament to relocate during its £3.5 billion refurbishment. They voted by 236 to 220 to support works that could see the House of Lords relocated to the venue. The refit could take six years from 2025. From…

Read More

Informa and UBM’s £3.8bn Merger: More Detail

Informa has revealed details of its £3.8 billion deal to buy rival trade show organiser UBM. The merger will see Informa’s shareholders owning 65.5 percent of the combined firm, with UBM’s investors taking the remaining 34.5 percent. But Informa shares actually dropped sharply after the takeover was announced. UBM stock rose, but with heavy trading. From…

Read More

Central Hall Westminster Launches Green Tourism Carbon Calculator

Central Hall Westminster has launched a new carbon calculator to help organisers estimate their events’ environmental impact. The London conferencing centre is the first UK venue to partner with Green Tourism on the scheme. The formula takes into account both the size of the venue space hired and the number of days an event lasts. From…

Read More

Presidents Club Shuts Down After Event Harassment Claims

The Presidents Club, which hosted an event at the heart of a reported sexual harassment scandal in the UK, has announced that it is closing down. The organisation held a men-only charity fundraiser at which, an undercover report by the Financial Times alleged, young women paid as hostesses were groped and propositioned. From…

Read More
2 March 2018

M&IT Awards 2018, London, UK

Join over 1,200 events industry professionals at the BIGGEST and most prestigious event in the year. It is the only independently audited industry awards programme and is attended by key personnel from around the world. Organised by Meetings & Incentive Travel magazine, the awards event brings together the various sectors of the business to measure market…

Read More
7 February 2018

How will GDPR affect how you manage your events? London, UK

The Society of Incentive Travel Excellence (Site) has assembled an impressive line-up of experts to help event industry professionals find their way around the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulations without getting prosecuted. The session will be relevant for both the non-profit and corporate sectors. Costing from just £45 for the evening presentation, the session…

Read More

Paul Flackett: The Boy from Birmingham

Friends, family, and colleagues of the late Paul Flackett joined in celebration of the IMEX and business events industry icon at a memorial event generously hosted by London’s Queen Elizabeth II Centre. Comic, emotional, and musical farewells from all corners of the world were delivered in fond remembrance of “the boy from Birmingham”. These included…

Read More