A passionate and dedicated leader, Carina Bauer is the CEO of the IMEX Group – an organisation responsible for organising the leading global trade shows for the international business events industry. Carina is passionate about the business events sector and its impact on the world, taking a particular interest in issues around sustainability, diversity and inclusion and mentoring the leaders of tomorrow. Carina also takes a keen interest in leadership development and organisational best practice.
Throughout her career, Carina has been an active member of the meetings industry. She is currently Chair of the AEO Council and the EIA, serves as an UFI Board member and is Past President of the SITE Foundation (2020). She has previously served on the Board of the MPI UK Chapter and on global committees for MPI and PCMA.
Having graduated from Oxford University, UK, with a degree in politics, philosophy and economics, and following a short stint in retail and catering, she joined the business events industry in 2002 as the Marketing and Operations Director for IMEX in Frankfurt as part of the original launch team for the exhibition. Following the expansion of the IMEX brand into America in 2009, Carina was appointed CEO of the IMEX Group.
Carina lives in the south east of the UK, near to the IMEX Group office in Brighton – a coastal town called “London-by-the-Sea” due to its cosmopolitan nature and youth culture.
She enjoys spending time with her family (she’s a mother to two boys) and travelling for work and pleasure. She is an adventure sports enthusiast with a particular love for skiing, hitting the slopes with friends and family when she can.
Industry / media award highlights:
• Richard Ross Past Presidents’ Award, For Outstanding Service to the Incentive Travel Industry – April 2022
• Chair, AEO Council 2020/2021/2022
• From March 2023, Vice Chair, AEO Council
• Chair EIA, 2020/2021
• Past President, SITE Foundation, 2020
• Board Member, UFI (since 2020)
• Winner, PCMA Wayfinder Award, 2021
• Mentor 2019/2020 for Fast Forward 15, the mentoring scheme for women in hospitality and events
• Winner of Smart Women in Meetings Award 2018 and 2019